Official Educational Partners
You’ve seen the craze for learning to code! But what exactly is coding? Coding has been identified as one of the basic skills for people besides reading, writing and arithmetic. It is not only for school children who are in technical stream, it is also important for non-technical stream as the use of computers, embedded systems and Internet of Things (IoT) will touch all walks of life.
Below are a list of educational partners and enrichment centres that offers coding courses to those who have interest and would like to learn coding.
What you will Learn:
- Graphical progamming using Scratch
- Programming structure, control loop variables, etc
- Intermediate concepts of sensors and their applications
- Control on input and output (IO) of a microprocessor
- program a robot to perform autonomous tasks: Line Follower and avoiding obstacles.
- real life applications of robots.
Who should attend?
- Students or non-technical people who are curious about how embedded systems (microprocessor) work.
- Students or non-technical people who are interested in robotics
- Aspiring Makers
- Age 9 years and above, able to communicate in English
- Able to use Personal Computer
- Must bring a notebook PC to the workshop. Windows OS is preferred.
- 4 Individual sessions of 3 hours per session (including 5-10 minutes in between)
Course Date and Price (Does not include Price of robot):
- Please register and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- We will send you a confirmation letter once your slot is booked
- Venue: Block 11 Kallang Place, #07-01 Singapore 339155
- Package price x 4 session (inclusive of GST)
- $200 per pax, $20 per accompanying parent
|Session A: 2-5pm||Session B: 2-5pm||Session C: 2-5pm||Session D: 2-5pm|
|Tron Dance||Search & Rescue||Driverless Car||Mars Mission|
Scratch Junior (Ages 4 -8)
Coding with Pororo! Digital Stories, Robots and More. No prior knowledge needed. Tablet provided (one per child)
Location: Pororo Park SG (6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square #02-29)
- Every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month
- 9:30AM – 11:00AM (1.5 hours of coding + 2 Hours of Play FREE)
- Small class size: limited to 6 students only, First-come-first-serve basis. We reserve the right to offer a subsequent class as a replacement, should the slots for a particular session be sold-out.
- $70 per session (Trial for 1st time students only: $50).
- Package of 4 classes: UP $280 (Buy 4 at only $250 – Save $30 or 10% – Valid till December 2017)
- Package of 8 classes: UP $560 (Buy 8 at only $460 – Save $100 or 18% – Valid till December 2017)
- Warm-up exercises and Physical coding activity (30 mins),
- Practical application of coding blocks – activities and games (30 mins),
- Tech-Gadget Thinker-Time (Scratch Jr or Robotics) (30 mins)
Junior Stem Maker III (6 hrs)
This is a two-part course which uses the mBot as a robotics educational platform to expose young participants to STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Learn all about what constitutes a robot and the parts that go into making it into a single functional unit. Powered by an easy-to-use drag-and-drop graphical programming software mBlock (based on Scratch 2.0), your child will explore and write code allowing the robot to move, and use its sensors to gather information from the world around it.
Dates: 2 June, 7 June, 16 June, 23 June, 30 June, 7 July, 14 July, 21 July, 28 July, 4 Aug
Time: 9.00am – 12 noon and 2.oopm – 5.00pm
If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6255 5622
With a team of highly respected and competition-tested trainers, Experience Ace provides professional training and consultation services for educational institutions and Singapore schools in Makeblock. We offer a 2-way approach for schools to take up, in the field of Makeblock competition-focused and curriculum-based.
Makeblock is an open source construction platform that turns your ideas into reality. No matter what your idea is and however impossible it looks like, Makeblock will make it possible by providing various mechanical parts and electronic modules, such as beams, plates, connectors, motors, brackets, sensors, drivers, controllers, and etc.
Characterized by “Open, Fun, and Creative” thru mDrawbot, mBot, mElephant 3D Printer, XY Plotter, Starter Robot Kit and Ultimate Robot Kit, Makeblock has become one of the best intelligent hardware companies that strive to make differences.
Experience Ace aims to educate its students by the problem-solving method, whereby students will learn Makeblock through ample hands-on practices, coupled with related theories and calculations. Moreover, comprehensive notes will be provided to students as references, allowing them to retain the knowledge which they have acquired.
Knowledge to be Gained & Skills to be Acquired
- Multi-disciplinary technology in building racing, obstacle avoidance robots, etc
- Hardware and software design for the robots
- Various robotics technologies, skills and techniques to produce the fastest robots
- Electronics skills such as soldering and analysing circuits
- Effective use of the mBlock software
- Hardware Repairing Services
- Bring a notebook PC. Windows OS/ MAC OS are welcomed.
- Download and Install the Scratch 2.0 and mBlock
- mBot v1.1, Ranger mBot, Ultimate 2.0 will be provided for the Advanced Lessons during the workshop.
- Customers may choose to Rent or Purchase mBot v1.1, Ranger mBot, Ultimate 2.0.
- Basic Lessons to Advanced Lessons: SGD$400 per pax, SGD$10 per accompanying parent (Inclusive of GST).
- For registration and further courses, please contact Stanley Chew @ Email: email@example.com, Contact Number: +65 9833 2051.
- More details will be communicated via email or phone.
Course details as follows:
Basic lessons (5 hours)
Intermediate lessons (5 hours)
Advanced lessons (10 Hours)
- Writing default program with functions
- The on-board button and the timer
- Fading colours and Variables
- Ultrasonic Theremin, Line Follower and Light sensor
- Play music and light show
- Move in a square and a circle
- Bluetooth and 2.4GHz module
Programmable Drone (AIRBLOCK)
Age Group: 6-16 years old
20 – 21 November 2017 (6 hours)
Airblock Drone Session: 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Bootcamp Fee (without robot): $180
Bundle with 1 x Airblock Drone: $460
Students will learn about drones and program them to perform aerial tasks using tablets.
• Introduction to drone flying.
• Able to name different components of a drone.
• Flying time, speed and distance.
• Able to understand and calculate uplift force.
• Able to program the drones to maneuver around 3D obstacles.
• Pilot a drone using motion sensors.
Basic Scratch Coding with mBot
24, 27, 28 November 2017 (9 hours)
9:30am – 12:30pm
Bootcamp Fee (without robot): $270/pax
Bundled with 1 x mBot: $405/pax
Students will learn the basic of coding and develop computational thinking through practical exercises.
• Understand the fundamentals of Scratch programming
• Able to use sensors to determine actions
• Able to use Scratch graphical tools
• Apply sensor value to determine decisions.
• Understand how sensors work and its limitation in real world applications.
Interested parties, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 62946505